Reduce Menopausal Mood Swings, Anxiety, Depression and Sleep Issues with Powerful Herb Shatavari.
Shatavari for Menopausal Mood Swings & Other Symptoms
According to Ayurveda, Shatavari boosts immunity due to its rejuvenating property. Shatavari is an Ayurvedic rasayana herb which is women-friendly herb, especially if you have a hormonal imbalance. It supports healthy hormone levels from puberty to menopause. Shatavari can help reduce stress, relieve menopause symptoms and regain internal balance. The herb is popular for being an “estrogen booster”, but it also supports healthy progesterone levels.
Shatavari is also beneficial for men as it improves testosterone levels. It might be good for diabetics as it helps manage blood sugar levels. Shatavari might also promote memory functions due to its antioxidant activity. It enhances breast development and increases breast milk production by regulating hormonal balance.
Shatavari also called the “Queen of all Herbs” in Ayurveda!
It means “a woman with a thousand husbands”! Shatavari is highly revered in the ancient Indian healing system of Ayurveda. It has been used for 1,000 years as a reproductive tonic and hormone balancer. In fact, Shatavari is a go-to for women with fertility issues in India. Countless supplements are also made from Shatavari roots.
It’s a powerful aphrodisiac that can re-ignite your sex drive. Other incredible Shatavari benefits include reducing mood swings, anxiety, depression and sleep problems. It keeps the immune system strong and boosting blood circulation. It’s also rich in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. It also boosts the functions of your thyroid gland, gut and brain.
Shatavari can relieve a lot of menopause symptoms including mood swings. Check out some of Shatavari benefits below and why you should include this as part of your health care.
Taking Shatavari daily can support:
- Relief from hot flashes and night sweats
- Prevents vaginal dryness and boosts sex drive
- Reduces mood swings, anxiety, depression and sleep problems – The herb can increase your happy hormones, especially serotonin and dopamine.
- Improves your stress response – The adaptogens in Shatavari nourish your adrenal glands – your body’s major stress regulator. They also detoxify your adrenals from free radicals and slow them down when they’re working too hard. This prevents adrenal fatigue and helps you cope with stress better.
- Enhances brain functions – Shatavari has strong antioxidant properties that prevent oxidative stress. Oxidative stress happens when your body is overloaded with toxins.
- Speeds up metabolism and weight loss – The herb stimulates your thyroid glands to produce ample amounts of thyroid hormones. Your hormones boost energy, speed up metabolism, burn fat faster and help you lose weight.
- Heals the gut – Shatavari cleanses your gut by boosting your digestive enzymes. Enzymes break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins faster. They also help in absorbing nutrients from food in the small intestines.
- Strengthens immunity – the roots of Shatavari are rich in nutrients called sapogenin. Sapogenin helps your immune system make all types of immune cells. This allows you to fight infections and diseases during menopause. Sapogenin is also an anti-inflammatory.
How to Use
Shatavari powder can be taken along with milk or honey twice a day to get relief from the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
Applying Shatavari powder paste along with milk or honey on the skin helps to get rid of wrinkles.
It can also help promote wound healing when applied along with coconut oil.
People with weak digestion are advised to avoid taking Shatavari as it is heavy in nature and might take time to get digested.
Recommended Menopausal Supplements Available On Amazon based on Ayurveda Science
Shatavari Benefits for Women | Best Hormonal Balancing Herb
Unhealthy lifestyles are a growing concern among women of all ages. Be it mental health or sexual health, Shatavari, when added to a woman’s diet, proves to be a powerful ingredient. Checkout how you can use Shatavari to your benefit.
You may like to read: 10 Mindful Habits To Help You Lose Weight Consistently
Medical Journal Refrences for Shatavari Benefits