If you’re a menstruating person, with those pesky period cramps, then these super 4 hacks can give you lasting period pain relief.
How Do These Hacks Help With Period Cramps?
These simple hacks along with home remedies can help ease period cramps.
Heating pads are simple — they provide direct heat to whatever area is ailing you (in the case of menstrual cramps, it’s usually the lower abdomen), and help take your mind away from your pain. “Heat can also help with other sore muscles aside from the uterus (yes, the uterus is a muscle!), so people can benefit from using a heating pad elsewhere on the body.”
Pure Enrichment King Size Heating Pad
12×24 Inches with Fast-Heating Technology is the most liked product on Amazon. It gives comfort to the sore muscles in your back, legs, arms, and more. Made with plush microfibers, this deluxe heating pad provides an ultra-soft heat therapy solution for arthritic pain, muscle ache, and stiff joints. Use for just 20 minutes daily (or as recommended by your doctor) to increase blood flow and reduce pain and muscle spasms.
Buy it: Amazon; Price: 6161
Portable Patches- Nua Cramp Comfort
Self-heating patch relaxes muscles for maximum relief from period pain. It’s 100% Natural Ingredients and Portable and gives 8 Hours Pain Relief.
Buy it: Amazon; Price: 284
Pee Safe Feminine Cramp Relief Roll On
This product is an amazon choice product. It’s a Natural Roll On that provides instant and continuous pain relief on abdomen, lower back and legs.The product is portable and can be taken anywhere.
Buy it: Amazon; Price: 149
Coif Heating Bag with Gel
This product is made of high quality soft and comfortable material. With carbon fibre heating technology, it is corrosion-resistant and wear-resistant, which has a long service life. Use for just 20 minutes daily (or as recommended by your doctor) to increase blood flow and reduce pain and muscle spasms. A hot water bottle is a container, That is filled with hot water and sealed with a stopper. Hot water bottles are used to provide warmth and for the local application of heat to relieve pain and discomfort.Refilling is not necessary. The automatic switch off function cuts the power at approx. 70° C interior temperature. A 3-layer leakage protection provides extra safety.
Buy it: Amazon; Price: 789
Simple Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Period Cramps
These 5 Ayurvedic home remedies will work like magic to soothe your period cramps.
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds): This simple kitchen herb is very effective in abdominal cramps. Take 1-2tbsp dry roasted Ajwain mixed with black salt along with lukewarm water. This will give you relief in the muscular cramps.
- Methi seeds (Fenugreek): Another common kitchen herb with a proven track record of relieving period pain is Methi. Soak a teaspoon of Methi dana in a glass or normal water overnight. Next morning, drink it whole with the seeds if possible, or you may choose to strain the seeds out. Mix a small pinch of black salt if you wish.
- Gud (Jaggery): It is a great Vata pacifier. A great way to combine Methi-Ajwain and Gudd is to make small M&M sized balls with these three ingredients. You can take 2-3 of these on an empty stomach with a sip of warm water.
- Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera): Aloe is a woman’s best friend when it comes to pain relief in period cramps. Drink a glass of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach every morning and you will see your health improving drastically. If you can’t take it daily, then consider drinking it 3 to 5 days before cramps set it. You can continue drinking it throughout your periods.
- Til ka tel (Sesame Oil): Massage your lower abdomen with sesame oil with gentle downward strokes. For best results, you may want to slightly warm the oil, and then apply a little warmth with a hot water bag over a light blanket.
These home remedies are effective but if you have some chronic period pains then you must consult your gynae,instead of self-medicating.
Learn about the Herbs & Spices for Enhancing Immunity & General Wellness