Monstera Deliciosa Houseplant, also called the Swiss cheese plant, is a statement-making plant.
Monstera is a tropical plant from the Araceae family. It has perforated leaves that are often punched through with holes. Monstera are climbers. Monstera can grow to be enormous: dozens of feet tall with leaves that spread to nearly two feet wide.
“It’s extremely common for monsteras to be confused with split-leaf philodendron, particularly in less mature plants.”
Monstera Deliciosa Houseplant
- Monstera needs lots of space: They are perfect for the statement-making spot in the living room, rather than in a tight corner or on a windowsill.
- Monstera’s appeal is its dark green, shiny leaves. Keep it vibrant by cleaning the leaves gently with a damp cloth.
- Find a balance between shade and sun. Too much sun can make the leaves yellow and If it’s left in the dark, the plant will exhibit something called negative phototropism, where new leaves grow towards the dark, rather than the light. So indirect sun is best.
- Water Monstera moderately and evenly, about once a week. Wait until the soil is fairly dry before watering again. Keep in a fairly humid environment.
- To curb excessive growth, avoid re-potting too often and prune regularly by pinching off new growth.
The Monstera is a symbol of a long life and the honouring of elders and respected people.
Monstera Deliciosa Advantages
Monstera Deliciosa originated from tropical rainforests in Central America and captured the homes as a statement houseplant. It is also known as split-leaf Philodendron.
There are many advantages keeping Monstera Deliciosa as part of your living lifestyle:
- It gives a style statement to your home or office with its beautiful large unique leaf patterns.
- It purifies the air and is useful in humidifying air conditions.
- It’s also a curing plant for health problems such as arthritis and insect or snake bites.
- They can be perfect indoor plants for both tiny apartments or large spacious homes.
- Its glossy, Swiss-cheese like leaves make a naturally green vibe around the house.
- Monstera is a rage on social media, for its unique aesthetic composition. This plant is present in ads for large companies, in influencers’ photos and as inspiration for interior design.
- Monstera is a must-have because it helps to balance energies and boost your mood.