Benefits of Yoga is to create Harmony & Balance
Wellness of body, mind and soul is very important to create harmony and balance to support healthy functioning of life. Yoga is that connection that aligns all the three components(body, mind and soul).
To be joyful, healthy and in good spirits, one needs to have stability in life. So one needs to take care of physical as well as mental fitness.
Practicing yoga has many health benefits of the body
- Yoga is not just physical poses and breathing exercises. Practicing yoga brings harmony, sharpens intellect, enhances intuitive ability, expands mental awareness and improves overall quality of life.
- Yoga movements and strengthening poses helps you achieve better strength and flexibility.
- Yoga tones muscles and daily practice builds muscle memory and a sense of balance. Daily practice builds strength and stability.
- Breathing exercises creates balance within the mind. This flow of oxygen harmonizes the left and right hemispheres of the brain, and improves the logical and emotional sides of the personality, creating balance and peace within.
- Doing a combination of breathing, meditation and movement one can create a sense of well-being. Yoga enhances mood and reduces anxiety as it boosts levels of the brain chemical GABA, which helps calm nerves.
- Yoga brings emotional stability and helps to control negative emotions.
- Yoga enhances concentration and determination in all aspects of life.
- Yoga improves willpower and shifts your focus toward wellness.
- Yoga helps in managing Weight.It has the potential to speed up fat loss, build muscle tone, and improve flexibility. The gentlest forms of yoga can improve flexibility and balance. Advanced yoga flows can also help you build muscle strength and endurance.
- Yoga helps clear blocked energy physically, mentally and emotionally. Daily practice gives you a greater sense of power, freedom and vitality. The flow of energy improves the energy levels and makes you more mindful and intuitive.
- Yoga eases stress and calms the nervous system and improves immunity.
- Reduces low back pain.
- Improves sleep.
Benefits of Yoga : Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar a sequence of 12 yoga postures, if done fast, it provides a good cardiovascular workout.
Learn about Surya Namaskar For Weight Loss and Yoga Asana Health Benefits
Yoga is a sense of awareness and awakening of your inner self.
It cultivates self-regulation and higher consciousness. It rejuvenates, heals and makes you purposeful and mindful to your existence. Yoga works for anyone who is interested in a happy healthy lifestyle.
Caution: Yoga is about adapting your body to the potential of your own limits. Don’t overdo or stretch yourself beyond a point. Listen to your body while doing practice and gradually build your level of endurance and flexibility.
Don’t take shower or drink cold water or eat food immediately after your practice. Give at least a 30 minutes gap after doing yoga.
During illness, surgeries, or any sprains or fractures, one should refrain from Yoga Practice.
People suffering from heart problems and high or low blood pressure should always consult the doctor and Yoga instructor before doing any Yoga posture.
Avoid doing hard exercises like jogging, cycling, swimming, and weightlifting immediately after Yoga.
Bladder and bowels should be empty before starting Yogic practices.
Asanas should be practiced on an empty stomach.
Last but not the least, practice sessions should start with a prayer or an invocation as it creates a conducive environment to relax the mind.
- AGING MEANS AWAKENING TO NEW WAY OF LIFE
- EVERYONE HAS AN IKIGAI | JAPANESE CONCEPT OF HAPPINESS
- MEDITATION-A CHALLENGE TO BE A SILENT MIND
- MY EXPERIENCE OF DEEP SILENCE WITH MY INNER SELF!