Pressotherapy is a medical and aesthetic treatment that promotes lymphatic drainage by using air pressure on different parts of the body. By alternating between compression and decompression, it effectively stimulates the lymphatic system.
You don’t have to have a health or beauty problem to receive this treatment. You can receive pressotherapy sessions to improve your health and well-being.
However, it can be quite useful for people with cellulite, bloating, varicose veins, circulatory or intestinal issues, obesity, tired legs, rheumatism or menopause. It is also suitable for all ages.
Benefits of Pressotherapy
- Helps to increase and improve lymphatic and blood circulation;
- Helps relieve edema;
- Reduces muscle tension
- Reduces everyday stress
- Helps to relieve muscle and joint pains;
- Body Care: Helps to improve the silhouette;
- Help with digestive problems; when the treatment is applied to the abdomen it stimulates bowel transit and relieves constipation issues.
- Stimulates the immune system, building up your defenses against pathogens, and can even help you lower your blood pressure if you have hypertension.
- Also facilitates transcutaneous penetration of topical products.
- Aids in Weight Loss ( By combining pressotherapy, diet and exercise, you will see better results in less time. )
Pressotherapy is therefore recommended for:
- Circulatory disorders (venous insufficiency, varicose veins, heavy and tired legs);
- Post-traumatic and post-operative edema (such as “big arms” due to mastectomy), fracture, sprain, burn or hematoma;
- Muscle pain and stiffness;
- Muscle recovery after a sport;
- Nervous disorders such as stress and insomnia;
- Arthritic and rheumatic pains;
- Eliminate toxins;
- Body Remodelling.
Pressotherapy at Home
Latest advances in home use technology make it possible for anyone to enjoy pressotherapy in the privacy of their own home – affordably and conveniently. Now you can invest in your own pressotherapy device and perform your pressotherapy treatments at home.
Pressotherapy devices presented here are:
- TENKER Air Massager Compression Leg Wrap Massage Therapy with Handheld Controller 2 Modes 3 Intensities for Foot Calf Arms
- Dr Physio (USA) Electric Heat Shiatsu Machine Body Massagers (for Cervical Neck Shoulder & Back Pain Relief)
Pressotherapy and Cellulitis
Pressotherapy is also used to treat cellulitis because its action affects the venous and lymphatic circulation making it better both aesthetically and also for the wellness of body. It fights and treats the imperfections such as cellulitis and water retention, edema and so on.
The treatment is mainly used for the legs and can be associated with other therapies and beauty treatments: Manual massages, specific bandages with essential oils, algae packs etc.
The benefit that it truly brings, is toning of the body with the elimination of excess water and brings improvement in the circulation of blood in the body, hence gives the person a feeling of lightness and true well-being especially to the legs. This treatment not only brings external positive effects but also internal, for the well functioning of the body and overall relaxation.
Pressotherapy is used medically and aesthetically by massage therapists, physiotherapists, orthotherapists, and beauticians in multidisciplinary centers, spas and thalassotherapy centers.