Self Care Is A Discipline
‘Self Care’ Really Means about making choices to build a life that you would want to regularly get back to and feel alive, breathing and happy. It’s about feeling connected to yourself. It’s about giving care and attention to one’s own needs and making it a priority. It’s about nourishing your body & soul, creating balance and peace within. It’s about clarity of life.
Ideas for Self Care to Feel More Energized
Self care is a daily practice that needs to be into your routine so you can feel happier, more energized and enjoy each day. So it’s about intentionally taking time to care for yourself in whatever way suits you and nurtures you.
Some common examples include: cooking, reading, taking a bath, lighting candles, gardening, home decor, coloring & crafting, going out for a walk.
Self Care Discipline is an important part of life?
Taking breaks from a daily mundane life chores is vital for restoring energy. With self care you make yourself a priority and do all those little things that make you happy.
When you take good care of yourself, you nurture others beautifully. When you are happy from inside then only you can make people around you happy.
So if you have been running around doing everything for everyone else 24/7. You probably must be feeling exhausted, burned out, unhappy and may be emotionally exhausted.
If you are picking fights for no reason, blaming others for your unhappiness, or feel no energy to face the day. You are missing on exercising or are overeating, it’s time to understand these signals that you need to slow down. You need to invest in self love and self care.
6 Self Help Activities for Improved Wellbeing
Try out some new things, break your routine and plan some activities and strategize your day to come out of the monotony and to do something that gives you a sense of achievement, some fun time, something that brings a smile to your face.
- Pick up an exercise routine. You have so many choices to keep you active. Join a class of pilates, zumba, yoga, bollywood dance, aerobics, running, cycling.
- Meditate. Meditation is the best way to start your day. It brings mindfulness, changes your negative thoughts and feelings patterns. With daily practice, it brings an inner balance and harmony.
- Practice Positive Self Affirmation. Do an everyday positive self affirmations to set the mood for the day. Take a moment and present yourself in a way you want to be seen. Create a positive thought about yourself, your day so that you can feel good about yourself — both inside and out. Doing this changes your attitude and how others view and treat you.
- Self Love. Self love is the best gift you can give to yourself. Do things that you love. Assure yourself you are best and you are doing your best to keep others happy. If people around you are not happy, that is not your responsibility. You are doing what’s best for you and you love yourself for all little efforts you do to keep things going.
- Mindful Eating. Eat healthy nourishing food. Unhealthy eating patterns can cause mood swings. Nutritional imbalances and blood sugar fluctuations are often to blame. Our mind and body to work at its optimum level needs a steady source of fuel from the nourishing foods we eat. Here’s how some unhealthy eating patterns that can alter your mood and emotional well-being> Mood Disorders and Food has a Deep Connection
- Relax & Breathe. Relaxation technique is vital for self-care. In a day take time to sit, relax and take slow, deep breaths. Listen to music. Be in the moment and enjoy your surroundings. Go for a nature walk. Soak in a warm bath. Write. Read. Do Gardening. Do something creative.
5 Best Self Care Quotes
Five best inspirational self care quotes to remind us that how important self care really is:
- “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.”– Jill Bolte Taylor
- “With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.”– Susan Weiss Berry
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.”– Etty Hillesum
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.”– Mandy Hale
- “When we self-regulate well, we are better able to control the trajectory of our emotional lives and resulting actions based on our values and sense of purpose”– Amy Leigh Mercree
Self Care Books
- The Extremely Busy Woman’s Guide to Self-Care: Do Less, Achieve More, and Live the Life You Want (A Self Care Journal Gift for Women and Busy Moms) by Suzanne Falter
- Chakras & Self-Care: Activate the Healing Power of Chakras with Everyday Rituals by Ambi Kavanagh
- Digital Detox Card Deck: 56 Practices to Help You Detox, De-Stress, Distract and Discover
- Feeling Great: The Revolutionary New Treatment for Depression and Anxiety