Its Time to Welcome Winter Greens in Your Diet
Winters are finally here, and it’s time to make seasonal tweaks in your diet. It’s the best time for your seasonal greens. From methi,spinach, sarson, amaranth to turnip greens, there are so much of choices to load these winter greens in your diet. But here is one more that you just can’t miss “Bathua”, special winter greens with arrow shaped leaves.
Winter Greens-Bathua Natural Laxative
Bathua is rich in fibre and water content, bathua also cures constipation(due to its laxative properties) and a host of your tummy problems by aiding digestion and boosting intestinal activity too. These dark, leafy greens are also related to amaranth, spinach and beetroot.
Know About Amaranth (Cholai) – a Hearty Vegetable
Bathua holds immense significance in India’s culinary history.
Bathua is considered as an ancient seasonal green, and is prepared just like the other saag preparations and consumed widely for its rich taste and health properties. The largest cultivation of Bathua saag happens in the regions of Rajasthan and Himachal, from where the greens are transported across the country.
The traditional and most loved preparation is the piping hot Bathua ka saag, which is best enjoyed with ghee-laden rotis. Apart from having it as part of your mains, you can also include these greens in your raita (Bathua Raita Recipe), or make a paratha out of it. You can also add it to your soups. People also use the Bathua seeds as part of their winter diet. These seeds can be grounded into flour, which can then be used to make rotis or parathas. Think beyond palak and methi, there are a whole lot of greens that are waiting to be explored. Bathua could be just one of them.
You cant miss on Bathua Bhujia recipe by Nisha Madhulika
Parantha Lovers You Got to Try Bathua Paratha Recipe
Winter Greens-Bathua is a Health Loaded Nutritional Vegetable Leaves
- Bathua is loaded with essential minerals and antioxidants.
- It is a powerhouse of Vitamin A, C and B complex vitamins.
- The leaves are a good source of amino acids too. Amino acids play a significant role in cell function and cell repair. A large proportion of our cells, muscles and tissues are made up of amino acids.
- Minerals like iron, potassium, phosphorus and calcium are also present in abundance in Bathua.
- Rich in fibre and water content, bathua also cures constipation(due to its laxative properties) and a host of your tummy problems by aiding digestion and boosting intestinal activity too.
- Bathua’s role in keeping your liver healthy has also made these lovely greens a hit in the health and nutrition circuit.
If you love to grow your organic Bathua at Home. Try Bathua Desi Saag Leaves pack 200 seeds x 2 packets combo by Raunak Seeds