Good news! You can easily get rid of yellow teeth with easy do simple home remedies. Include the time-tested effective practices as part of your daily oral routine and see how easily they can reverse the effects and give you a dazzling white smile.
Yellow stained teeth could be due to bad oral hygiene leading to plaque buildup and bacteria, wrong practices, or due to aging. Aging usually depletes the white protective enamel. When the enamel thins, more of the underlying dentin — material that naturally is a pale yellow — increasingly shows through.
DIY Remedies to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth
Follow these simple remedies to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth and brighten up your smile naturally!
Eat Strawberries for Magical Results
Mash a few strawberries and brush with the mixture once or twice a week and see some magical results on your yellow-stained teeth.
Baking Soda & Lemon to Brighten Up
Once a week, just make a solution of baking soda and lemon juice and brush your stains with this magical chemical reaction that will just brighten and sparkle your stained teeth. Follow this for at least 3-4 weeks.
You may also try Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
Make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to remove plaque buildup and bacteria to get rid of stains. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after brushing with this paste. Don’t overdo this as excessive use can damage the enamel.
Practice Oil Pulling, Ancient Oral Remedy
Oil pulling is a traditional Indian folk remedy meant to improve oral hygiene and remove toxins from the body. The practice involves swishing oil around your mouth to remove bacteria, which can turn into plaque and cause your teeth to look yellow.
You can use activated charcoal to remove stains from your teeth. It’s believed that charcoal can remove pigments and stains from your teeth because it’s highly absorbent. It’s said to also get rid of bacteria and toxins in the mouth. There are toothpaste and powder available in the market that contains activated charcoal and claims to whiten teeth.
You can purchase activated charcoal for teeth whitening online.
Wrong Practices Leads to Yellow Teeth
Enamel is the outer layer on your teeth, and also what protects them. If you are not keeping a good healthy oral hygiene then this enamel starts eroding due to bacteria and tartar and gets thinner. Under the enamel of your teeth, there is dentin and if that starts to show, then its coloring comes out. Dentin is a yellowish color which is why your teeth won’t appear to be as white.
There are a few things you can do to stay away from getting those yellow stains and help your enamel stay stronger to protect your teeth which in turn will help them get back to their white coloring.
- Avoid Foods That Stain. Moderate or avoid intake of coffee, dark teas, dark sodas like coke, wine, and even certain fruits/vegetables like apples and potatoes that can stain your teeth. Ensure that you brush after consuming them.
- Avoid Tobacco Use. This is something that will negatively affect your oral health. It will not only wear down the enamel on your teeth and cause them to stain, but it also puts you at a higher risk of developing oral cancer.
- Poor Dental Health/Hygiene. If you aren’t brushing or flossing on a regular basis and rinsing with a mouthwash then a buildup of plaque and tartar buildup could affect your teeth’s coloring and turn them yellow. Taking care of your oral health by brushing twice daily, rinsing your mouth with saline water after every meal, practicing oil pulling daily and including flossing in your daily routine can help reverse the effects of the food and drinks you are eating.
Recommended Products for Oral Health
- Max Care Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed) for Oil Pulling
- Tongue Scraper, Ayurvedic Antimicrobial Tongue Cleaner (Pack Of 2) Made Of Pure Copper
- UrbanBotanics® Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder – Enamel Safe Teeth Whitener – Suitable for Sensitive teeth
- Dantadhavanachoornam Ayurvedic Toothcare Powder for Daily Brushing