Home Remedies For Heartburn And Indigestion
There is no drug ever invented that outperforms a holistic approach towards the right food and lifestyle for chronic illness like Indigestion. These simple natural remedies based on Ayurveda wisdom stimulate digestion, alleviate indigestion, soothe heartburn, and move gas out of the gut.
All your digestive issues are related to Agni(digestive fire)
Ayurveda believes that Agni has an important role in balancing your digestive health. Agni in your body is responsible for the assimilation and absorption of the food you consume.
Consuming junk foods, very cold foods, processed meats, etc. result in the formation of (ama) toxins. These toxins are the main causes for triggering ailments and weakening the body’s immunity and gut health.
Learn The Right Way of Eating as Per Ayurveda
Naturally, Treat Indigestion and Heartburn with Simple Home Remedies
Maintain the balance of the Agni with simple ayurveda ways
- Eliminate processed foods.
- Eat healthy and nutritious whole foods.
- Avoid cold, packaged or refined foods.
- Add more alkaline foods in your diet.
- Limit Alcohol and Caffeinated Drinks.
- Include Microgreens and Green Vegetables.
- Eat prebiotics and probiotics.
- Eat freshly cooked food.
- Lower your stress levels.
- Exercise Daily.
Home Remedies For Heartburn And Indigestion
If you suffer from indigestion, you should do following things:
- Consume freshly cooked vegetables that are stir-fried or steamed.
- Add digestion-aiding spices to your daily meals. Include spices and herbs like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, carom seeds, cumin seeds, basil, bay leaves, cardamom.
- Drinking 1/4 glass of wheatgrass juice, with 10-12 basil leaves, 3-4 cloves of garlic, once a day is very beneficial.
- Cumin aids digestion. Make a cup of cumin and fennel tea to ease bloating and indigestion.
- Drink a cup of peppermint tea after meals to quickly soothe your stomach or keep a few pieces of peppermint in your pocket and suck on the candy after eating.
- Drink Chamomile tea to stop indigestion. This herb can ease gut discomfort and relieve indigestion by reducing stomach acid in the gastrointestinal tract. Chamomile also acts as an anti-inflammatory to stop the pain. Consult a doctor before drinking chamomile tea if you take a blood thinner.
- Drink a cup of ginger tea as needed to soothe your stomach and get rid of indigestion. Other options include sucking on ginger candy, drinking ginger ale, or making your own ginger water. Boil one or two pieces of ginger root in four cups of water. You may add a few mint leaves. Add flavor with lemon or honey before drinking.
- Chew fennel seed after meals if certain foods cause indigestion.
- Increase the alkaline level by including lemon water or cucumber water. The alkaline effect of lemon or cucumber water neutralizes stomach acid and improves digestion. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice in hot or warm water and drink a few minutes before eating or make detox water with lemon, cucumber, or any citric fruit of your choice.
- Drink aloe juice. The substances in aloe juice may provide relief from excess stomach acid, remove toxins, improve protein digestion, reduce inflammation and promote the balance of digestive bacteria. Take aloe vera juice before and after the meal just 15ml.
- A person with an upset stomach could try adding 1 or 2 tsp of dried basil leaves, or a couple of fresh basil leaves, to meals until their symptoms lessen.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Health and Wellness
If you suffer from bloating, this simple remedy will solve your problem.
Boil a glass of water, add bits of ginger, rock salt and asafoetida or hing to it and sip it slowly after eating. This will effectively get rid of bloating.
Acid reflux: Also known as heartburn or acid indigestion
Acid reflux or heartburn can be curbed by having buttermilk after lunch. It will help in soothing the stomach and prevent acid reflux. You may check the recipe here.
Acid Reflux, Stop The Burn Now! Natural Holistic Ways
Green tea with manuka honey also helps in gastritis.
Some Simple Holistic Approach to Better Digestion
- Drink lots of water, stay hydrated.
- Avoid lying down as when the body is horizontal, the acid in the stomach is more likely to travel backward and move upward, which can cause heartburn.
- Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag may relax tense muscles and ease indigestion.
- Avoid difficult-to-digest foods, fried or fatty, rich or creamy, salty or heavily preserved
- Eat for a few days simple ayurveda khichdi or dahi chawal to improve digestive health.
- Improve gut health by eating curd daily.
- Eat desi cow ghee in khichdi as a natural probiotic.
- Drink coconut water daily for rehydrating and increasing levels of potassium and magnesium to reduce pin, muscle spasms, and cramps.
- Avoid consumption of a dairy products
You must log in to post a comment.