Ten ways to boost your Immune System naturally to ward off seasonal colds and flus. A strong immune system helps a person stay healthy by fighting off bacteria and viruses.
Immunity is a complex biological system endowed with the capacity to recognize and tolerate whatever belongs to the self, and to recognize and reject what is foreign (non-self). Everyone is born with innate (or natural) immunity, a type of general protection. But the adaptive (or active) immunity develops throughout our lives, following healthy lifestyle habits and eating good nourishing food.
Healthy immune system is supported by getting good sleep, eating healthy meals, managing stress, exercising regularly, drinking lots of lukewarm fluids, and spending time outdoors in sun.
Your immune system is your defense mechanism against disease-causing microorganisms. During flu seasons you need to intervene in your lifestyle to make certain changes to boost your immunity. You need to include immune boosting diet, vitamins, herbal preparations along with some lifestyle changes to boost your immune system during flu season.
Your first line of defense to support immunity is to choose a healthy lifestyle. As with most things in your body, a healthy diet is key to a strong immune system.
Ten Ways to Boost Your Immune System Naturally
- Drink Bone Broth or Bathua or Kala Chana Broth
- Up your vitamin C and vitamin D supplements and include multivitamin and zinc. supplements may fight viral infections
- Include garlic in your meals.
- Eat a plant based diet that is high in seasonal fruits and vegetables. Several whole plant foods contain antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C, all of which may lower your susceptibility to illness.
- Include Healthy fats like desi ghee, olive oil and omega-3s as they are highly anti-inflammatory. Since chronic inflammation can suppress your immune system, these fats may naturally combat illnesses.
- Gut health and immunity are deeply interconnected. Fermented foods and probiotics may bolster your immune system by helping it identify and target harmful pathogens.
- Avoid meat and root based vegetables during this time.
- Avoid processed foods or high simple sugar intake during this time. Lowering your sugar intake may decrease inflammation and your risk of these conditions.
- You must have at least 7 hours of sleep per night and lowering your stress levels through meditation, yoga, exercise, and other practices can help keep your immune system functioning properly.
- Moderate exercise can reduce inflammation and promote the healthy turnover of immune cells. Jogging, biking, walking, swimming, and hiking are great options.
Cauliflower Benefits: Anti-Inflammatory, Boosts Immunity
Diet and your immune system
Healthy immune system warriors need good, regular nourishment. There is some evidence that various micronutrient deficiencies — for example, deficiencies of zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E — alter immune responses.
You can make several lifestyle and dietary changes today to strengthen your immune system. Given that dehydration can make you more susceptible to illness, be sure you’re drinking plenty of water each day. Include lots of Microgreens as your Daily Dose of Nutrition to Boost Immunity
You must log in to post a comment.