|Ghee is a powerhouse|
Ghee is a powerhouse of vitamins and acids which promote good health. Ghee is the concentrated residue of pure fats that remains. It has a distinct nutty taste, and contains no trace of milk proteins, sugars or water. It is one of the highest food sources of butyric acid and is bursting with vitamins and fatty acids, both unsaturated and saturated. It is also loaded with omega 3 and 9. Similar to butter, ghee must be consumed in moderation – no more than 3 or 4 teaspoons daily. Too much ghee can produce harmful effects. In today’s video, we will describe eight health benefits of including ghee in your diet.
As per Ayurveda, best way to consume it is to add ghee to rotis, parathas, dal, curry etc. Avoid Indian sweets because they contain lot of sugar. Avoid cooking or frying in Ghee.
Why should you eat ghee every day?
- Increases your resistance against seasonal allergies and common ailments:While ghee is rich in the healthy fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, it is also rich in antioxidants. It increases the body resistance for various infections and diseases by boosting the immune system.
- Stimulates the digestive system: Ghee stimulates the secretion of stomach acids to aid in digestion, while other fats and oils, can slow down the body’s digestive process and sit heavy in the stomach.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels: Ghee lowers the bad blood cholesterol level and enhances the good blood cholesterol level.
- Boost fertility:An optimal fertility diet should contain good quality protein sources and good fats. Pure ghee is the best form of fat. It increases quality and quantity of semen.
- Improves skin: It rejuvenates the skin from inside and increases its glow.
Ghee Promotes Healthier Skin Too
- Ghee For Good Eyesight: Rub a small amount of ghee on soles of the feet to improve eye vision.
- Ghee For Mobilizing the Fat: The ghee used for tadka not just adds flavour but ghee mobilizes the fat absorption in the body and actually helps us absorb many hidden nutrients in the vegetables present in the dish. The oil or ghee used for Tadka should be boiling hot initially. You can reduce the heat to medium later on.
- Ghee for Curing Headache: Take a few drops of ghee (clarified butter) on your palm. Mix 3 or 4 pieces of saffron in it, and rub it for two minutes. The saffron does not dissolve in the ghee, but its qualities are absorbed. Remove saffron and put two drops of this ghee in each nostril. · Dosage: Follow procedure twice a day.
- Ghee is a good Anti-aging: Ghee or clarified butter contains vitamin E, beta-carotene, and antioxidants that prevent cell damage and fight free radicals. Rub ghee all over your body to get it absorbed in the skin.
- Ghee is a healthy fat: It actually lowers cholesterol, thanks to its content of omega-3 fatty acids, and helps improve heart health.” It also helps maintain healthy eyesight and skin, and trumps carbs as an excellent source of energy.
- Ghee is an anti-pollutant: One can put 2 drops of cow ghee in each nostril every day in the morning and at bed time to stay clear from pollutants.