7 Daily Habits that shapes your life far more than you probably realize. Learn how you can break these patterns for your overall well-being.
Habits are very important. They shape your life far more than you probably realize. More than 40 percent of the actions you perform each day aren’t actual decisions, but habits. Not only are habits important. They grow stronger and stronger over time and become more and more automatic. So make sure you have the right ones!
Choosing the right habits define your holistic wellness goals for your overall well being.
Remember Habits Works Through The Habit Loop
- Cue / trigger: A location, a time of day, certain people, an emotional state,
- Routine: Watching TV, smoking a cigarette, eating chocolate, biting your nails
- Reward: The pleasure chemicals released in the brain because of the routine.
Because of the reward the habit loop is reinforced.
Wrong habits drain your energy, make you stressful and unhappy. So if you wish to choose holistic living, it is all about understanding your natural state of being. You have to understand what’s wrong for you so that you can make changes for a more balanced environment to acquire optimum health.
7 Daily Habits That Drain Your Energy
- Inconsistent Sleeping Patterns
- Hanging Around with Negative People
- Not Exercising/Sedentary Lifestyle
- Holding onto Anger and Resentment
- Having a Poor Diet
- Not Drinking Enough Water
To Change Habits You Need To Have A Self Nurturing Approach
‘Self Care’ means about making choices to build a life that you would want to regularly get back to and feel alive, breathing and happy. It’s about feeling connected to yourself. It’s about giving care and attention to one’s own needs and making it a priority. It’s about nourishing your body & soul, creating balance and peace within. It’s about clarity of life.
Break Free From These 7 Daily Habits to Retain and Regain Energy
- Meditate. Meditation is the best way to start your day. It brings mindfulness, changes your negative thoughts and feelings patterns. With daily practice, it brings an inner balance and harmony.
- Make Sleep as a Priority. Good sleep is incredibly important for your health.Your body needs between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night to maintain optimal health and well-being. Modern-day lifestyles and digital addiction have led people to sleep deprivation and thus brain exhaustion. You may also find difficulty in concentrating or learning new things. Ensure that you switch off lights by 9:30pm and reside in bed peacefully.
- Practice Positive Self Affirmation. Do everyday positive self affirmations to set the mood for the day. Take time to meet family and friends with whom you feel good and positive about life. Find like minded groups to socialise. Doing this changes your attitude and how others view and treat you.
- Pick up an exercise routine. You have so many choices to keep you active. Join a class of pilates, zumba, yoga, bollywood dance, aerobics, running, cycling. Or just move out in the park for a walk. Our post on Snackable Workouts New Wellness Trend 2021 is an interesting one for you to plan your exercise routine.
- Let’s Get Real. The unreal approach towards life and associating too many moral values around our actions has somewhere suffocated us to an extent that we forget to breathe. We often suppress our frustrations. This creates a lot of pent up emotions inside us! We need to channelize our emotions and don’t feel isolated, or ashamed of what we feel. Validate those feelings and do what you feel is right for you. No-one can define right or wrong for you as there is nothing that exists is right or wrong.
- Mindful Eating. Last but not the least, Good Diet and Water are essential for overall well-being. Eat healthy nourishing food. Unhealthy eating patterns can cause mood swings. Nutritional imbalances and blood sugar fluctuations are often to blame. Our mind and body to work at its optimum level needs a steady source of fuel from the nourishing foods we eat.
- Hydrate. Water is a blessing. It’s no secret that staying hydrated is important for your survival. Drinking water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning reduces brain fog, improves circulation & stimulates the bowels allowing the body to remove waste more effectively. Drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day can raise your metabolic rate by at least 24% and energize you. It also helps you lose weight and boost immunity. learn more about Benefits Of Drinking Water
An Interesting Read:
Anger – An Expression of an Inner Vulnerability!
We often suppress our frustrations. This creates a lot of pent up emotions inside us! Expressing our inner rage helps us feel better. But this rage at times does damage to the outer world that exists around us. read more