Gulkand Thandai, Healthy Summer Refreshing Drink
Stay Cool In Summer with Gulkand Thandai. It not only quenches your thirst but helps you avoid the adverse effects of heat in summer. Thandai is very useful to be fresh and cool in summer. In India, this is very popular drink and many healthy benefits.
Gulukand Thandai Recipe Benefits
1. Energizer: – It gives energy and it’s a refreshment drink for our body and mind.
2. Boosting the immune power: – It’s works as immune booster. The Fennel seeds have antioxidants, anti-flatulence, cooling property and Almonds are gives vitamin E & are known for their antioxidant effects.
3. Saffron: – This is the excellent spice or herb that prevents from arthritis, cancer and improves vision. It’s also useful into medicines as antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive.
4. Milk: – It contains calcium, protein and vitamin C. This is the complete booster for our body and makes your body strong and healthy. Also it makes strengthen our bones and teeth.
5. Watermelon seeds: – Watermelon seeds are the best sources of energy, protein, iron and vitamins. It cools the body and makes strengthen our muscles and bones.
6. Rose petals: – This is very useful to cure digestion problems, irregular periods and stomach diseases. It is also useful in insomnia and nervous weakness.
Almonds and kaju are madhur (sweet), gur (heavy), snigdh (unctuous) and warm; it increases kapha and pitta. They pacify vata and gives strength to the body. Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, containing 26 mg per 100 g, helping you keep yourself young and healthy. Cashew (kaju) is a healthy source of photo-chemicals, monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), essential minerals and vitamins. MUFAs like oleic and palmitoleic acids help to prevent coronary artery disease by lowering harmful cholesterol and improving good ones.
Ingredients for Gulkand Thandai Recipe
Milk – 1 litre
Almonds – 15 pcs
Cashewnuts – 15 pcs
Melon Seeds – 2 tablespoons
Khus Khus Seeds – 2 tablespoons
Saffron – A few strands
Rose Syrup – 4 tablespoon
Green Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Gulkand – 4 tablespoons
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black Peppercorns – 6 cloves
Boil milk and add saffron, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
Soak almonds, cashew nuts, khus khus seeds and melon seeds for about two hours. Peel almonds and grind all seeds and peppercorns with some milk to make a fine paste.
Now add this paste to the boiling milk and continue boiling on low flame for about 10 minutes.
Allow this milk to cool down and refrigerate to chill as desired.
Now add rose syrup and gulkand to this cold milk and blend in the mixer.
You must log in to post a comment.