The health benefits of cumin aid in digestion, promote weight loss, manage irregular blood cholesterol, reduce drug dependency, fights inflammation, boost your metabolism, and help decrease your blood sugar.
Cumin is a spice made from the seeds of the Cuminum cyminum plant. It’s known as Jeeraka in Sanskrit. The word is derived from jeerna-digestion. Hence Jeeraka means that which digests.
Cumin is a rich source of iron, contains beneficial plant compounds, rich in antioxidants. It has hot potency, stimulates the digestive fire, and promotes digestion.
Dose: 3-6gms once or twice after food. It can be taken along with hot water or honey or even with ghee. (as per Ayurveda, always dry roast Cumin)
Cumin Health Benefits: 10 Ways to Include in Your Diet
- In fever use jeera along with jaggery to improve appetite, cleanse the bowel, and relieve burning sensation.
- Cumin powder added to homemade curd treats diarrhea, helps reduce “bad” (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides while increasing “good” (HDL) cholesterol.
- Bathing with cumin decoction cures itching.
- Use cumin every day in cooking in the form of stews, gravy, soup, marinades to boost the aromatic character of a dish and to reap the health benefits. Cumin is an essential spice for Indian curries and chutneys.
- Chewing a pinch-full of raw cumin seeds gives immediate relief from acidity.
- Cumin seeds have antiseptic properties and aid in curing common colds.
- Adding jeera to your diet helps in increasing bowel movement and keeps the stomach healthy. Cumin seeds stimulate the digestive enzymes which reduce bloating.
- Jeera/Cumin Water helps to break down complex nutrients like proteins, fat, and sugar to keep your gut healthy. Drinking regularly aids in healthy digestion.
- Brewing a cup of cumin tea before going to bed helps in good sleep. All you have to do is roast one teaspoon of cumin seed and then add a cup of hot boiling water and drink sip by sip.
- Cumin water maintains blood pressure so have a glass of Jeera water every day as it is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure.
Morning Weight Loss Drink | Lose 5 Kgs In 5 Days | Cumin Seeds/ Jeera Water For Weight Loss