Cucumber are effective for various skin problems including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. They contain ascorbic and caffeic acids which prevents water retention. Cucumbers can be applied topically; are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns, and dermatitis.
Cucumber is great for your Skin!
- It’s packed full of antioxidants.
- It’s loaded with anti-inflammatory.
- It helps Lighten, Brighten, Hydrate and Tone your Skin.
Cucumber is a perfect Beauty Aid
As a beauty aid, the cucumber provides immediate relief to puffy eyes. A fresh cucumber cut into thin slices, and placed on the eyes for 5-10 minutes works incredibly well after a tiring day at work in front of the computer.
It helps to relieve stress and dark circles around the eye area. Grated cucumber can act as a mask and tonic for the entire face and neck.
You may like to know about How to Remove Blackheads Instantly!
Cucumber juice is a very good rejuvenator for both your hair and skin. Makes you look younger.
Cucumber Skin Recipes for daily or weekly Beauty Routine!
COLD CUCUMBER COMPRESS
- Cut 2 thin ¼ to ½ inch slices off of the end of a cucumber.
- Place the slices in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes, or in the freezer for five.
- Place the cold cucumbers on your skin and relax.
- Keep the cucumbers on your skin for fifteen minutes.
After the fifteen minutes are up, simply discard the cucumber slices and continue with your day. Using cold cucumbers as a compress is safe enough that you can do it every day to keep your skin smooth and youthful.
CUCUMBER JUICE FACE MASK
- Peel a large cucumber, cut it into small slices.
- Place the slices in a blender or food processor.
- Purée the cucumber.
- Pour the puréed cucumber through a strainer to separate the water from any solid material.
- Squeeze the remaining solid material with your hands to recover the rest of the juice.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup. This preps the skin for the mask by opening your pores.
- Apply the cucumber juice to your skin and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water and pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel.
Your skin will feel tighter and healthier with just one treatment.
CUCUMBER & ALOE VERA FACE MASK
- Cut ½ of an unpeeled cucumber into slices.
- Put these slices in a blender and add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and blend to make it a smooth.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- Massage the paste evenly onto your face, neck, and chest.
- After fifteen minutes, rinse off the mask with cool water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Ahhh, that feels better! Click here for Cucumber Skin Care Products