Nutrition is one of the major factors deciding the health and growth of hair. Amino acids and B complex vitamins are among the primary nutrients required by hair.
Proteins constitute the major part of in the composition of hair. Therefore, the first thing that you should do is increase your consumption of proteins. They are present in ample proportions in the foods as fish, beans yogurt and beans. It has been found that the proteins, which are obtained from yeast, wheat germ, calves liver, are the best for hair. In addition, nutritionists suggest the consumption of two tablespoons granulated lecithin for those who have hair growth problems.
On the other hand, vitamins are very important for maintenance of the health of hair. Vitamin B complex group as beta-carotene, b-6, Inositol folic acid biotin etc. are among the important ones. In addition to this, minerals as magnesium, sulfur, zinc and silica as well are crucial for hair growth. Therefore, increasing their intake as well is important. For this, you can consume the green leafy as well as yellow colored vegetables and fruits.
Some Natural Home Remedies
- Onion juice is an excellent way to maintain the health of your hair. You can apply this to the scalp. It will also encourage new hair growth.
- Conditioning your hair with henna, or mehendi is a very effective way to add strength to your hair. Prepare a conditioner with a cup of henna powder, the yolk of one egg and enough coconut milk to get a paste-like consistency. Apply this to your hair and leave it for about four hours.
- Cut a red onion in half, add four cloves of garlic and two cinnamon sticks. Put everything in a pot and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Rinse hair with this infusion for four days in a row.
- Grapeseed oil is believed to enhance hair growth. Give your scalp a massage using this oil before bedtime.
- Cut three aloe vera leaves and scrape off the gel. Mix the gel with honey, and apply it to the scalp. Let it work for 20 minutes and rinse.
- When cooking potatoes do not throw away the water. Let it cool, and rinse your hair with it. This rinse accelerates hair growth.
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ, 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast, 1 tablespoon soy lecithin, 1 tablespoon honey, and one cup of yogurt. Combine all ingredients in the yogurt and eat it every day before breakfast. In one week you will see results; a hair full of strength and growing faster.
- 1 egg, 1 trickle of olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey. Apply to the scalp with a vigorous massage. Cover the head with a towel for 30 minutes. Wash normally.
- A daily rinse with rosemary water will make hair grow faster.
- Grind some curry leaves and grated amla. Heat coconut oil in heavy based vessel, add the mixture into that oil.leave it for ten minutes and switch off the stove. filter it and apply regularly. It really works .
- Hot oil massages improve the circulation of blood in the scalp and make your hair grow faster. Coconut oil should be applied to the hair for at least an hour so that it is absorbed properly and then washed off. Castor oil can also be used.
Hair Care Tips
- Stop using fine-tooth combs, as these will always have a tendency to entangle your hair and break it prematurely. Try to use wide-tooth combs that will not pull unnecessarily at your hair.
- Do not comb your hair when it’s wet.
- A weekly massage of the scalp with warm lavender oil at night will encourage your hair to grow easily and well.
- Always use mild shampoo to wash your hair.
- Drink plenty of water and sleep for 8 – 9 hours a day, since hair grows when a person is resting. Exercising daily will also improve the blood circulation and help your hair grow quickly. Hair grows faster when there is less stress.
- Trim your hair often, at least once in 5-6 weeks, so that split ends and dry hair are removed. Hair stops growing at the split ends.
You must log in to post a comment.