Multani Mitti Hair Care
Multani Mitti (betonite), which is also popularly known as Fuller’s Earth, is made from natural earth material. Fuller’s Earth has amazing absorbing and cleansing properties to tackle acne, excess oil in the skin, hyper-pigmentation based issues such as dark spots and freckles, and blocked pores.
Multani mitti is nothing but mud. It has an extraordinary ability to remove impurities from your body including the hair, without causing any harm.
Benefits Of Using Multani Mitti For Hair Care and Hair Growth
- Multani mitti helps to remove dandruff, eczema and some scalp conditions. It diminishes the itchiness from your scalp.
- It helps to maintain the growth of the hair and also treat the damaged hair. It repairs the damaged hair.
- Multani mitti helps to facilitate blood circulation. As a result new hair grows on the scalp and it will give you a bunch of thick hair.
- Multani is used as hair mask for hair conditioning. It helps to make the hair smooth and shiny.
- Multani removes toxins from scalp. It stimulates the scalp and it can suppress down the bad smell of your hair.
- Regular use prevents hair loss and leads to healthy and beautiful hair.
- It helps condition the hair, when it is used as a hair mask
- It also helps remove scalp acne, dandruff,eczema, and similar scalp conditions.
Recommended Product: Buy Online Jiva Ayurveda Hair Lep with Multani Mitti for Long, Healthy and Strong Hair | Hair fall Control | Repairs damaged hair
Multani mitti can be very drying if used alone. It is made in combination with other ingredients to make deep conditioning ingredients that leave your hair soft and manageable. It stimulates the scalp and strengthen hair roots resulting in new hair growth.
Multani Mitti Hair Packs
Multani Mitti Hair Pack For Hair Growth
You Will Need
Two tablespoons of reetha powder
Two tablespoons of shikakai powder
Two tablespoons of multani mitti powder
Two tablespoons of amla powder
One cup water extracted from curry leaves
How to apply multani mitti for hair growth?
- Mix all the powders in a bowl and squeeze the lemon into the mixture
- Put a handful of curry leaves in the grinder and add some water to it. After grinding it for a couple of minutes, filter the mixture and collect the water in a bowl
- Mix it with the other ingredients and keep mixing it till it becomes a smooth paste
- Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and on the hair and leave it for 1-2 hours
- Rinse it with water and then use your regular shampoo and follow it with conditioner
“The different ingredients used have special properties that help in strengthening hair and promoting hair growth.
Curry Leaves- are loaded with the goodness of Vitamin A, B, C and E. They help in reducing hair fall, promoting hair growth and also slow the process of premature graying of hair.
Lemon- It fights dandruff, strengthens hair roots, prevents hair loss and strengthens hair. It also conditions the hair and makes it soft.
Amla- gives natural shine to the hair and gives nourishment from root to tip. It reduces hair fall and solves the problem of dandruff.
Multani Mitti- Treats dry hair and leaves it soft and healthy. Also helps in removing excess oil from the scalp and prevents split ends too.
Reetha- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Regular use of reetha makes hair softer and shiner. It also helps in preventing dandruff and hair fall.
Shikakai- helps in detangling hair and makes it shiny. It strengthens the roots and gives volume to hair.”
Multani Mitti Hair Pack For Dry Hair
You Will Need
4 tsp Multani Mitti
1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
Juice from half a Lemon
2 tbsp Honey
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients to get a smooth, consistent paste. Apply this paste to your scalp and then work it through the entire length of your hair. Focus on the roots and tips the most. Leave the hair pack in for about 20 minutes. You can cover your hair with a shower cap to avoid a mess.
Once the 20 minutes have passed, wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and cool/lukewarm water. Follow up with a conditioner.
Adviced: 1-2 times a week.
“Yogurt is among the best ingredients you could use for conditioning your hair while honey helps seal the moisture in your hair. The lemon juice in this hair pack nourishes your scalp with vitamin C which promotes healthy hair growth. This multani mitti hair pack for conditioning dry hair works wonders.”
Multani Mitti Hair Pack For Dandruff
You Will Need
6 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
4 tbsp Multani Mitti
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Soak the fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight. In the morning, grind the fenugreek seeds to get a smooth paste and to this add the multani mitti and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
Apply the hair pack to your scalp and then work it through the entire length of your hair. Focus on the roots and the tips most. Leave the hair pack in for about 30 minutes. You can cover your hair with a shower cap to avoid a mess. Once the 30 minutes have passed, wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and cool/lukewarm water. Follow up with conditioner.
Adviced: Once a week.
“Fenugreek seeds are one of the best remedies for dandruff, and when combined with multani mitti, it helps get rid of all the impurities from your scalp. The lemon juice helps strengthen your hair follicles.”
Multani Mitti Hair Pack For Hair Straightening
You Will Need
1 cup Multani Mitti
5 tbsp Rice Flour
1 Egg White
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until you get a smooth, consistent paste. Apply this to your hair and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Comb your hair after 5 minutes so that it is straight. Let it sit for another 10 minutes. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
The rice flour in this hair pack cleanses your hair as shampoo would while the multani mitti and egg white help condition your hair and keep it straight.