|Bowl of Fresh Seasonal Fruits for Breakfast!|
If you wonder why you get irritated in your office, home and everywhere, you might be skipping breakfast often! Ayurveda says- “Don’t Skip Breakfast” Why?
Because fasting irritates pitta, vata, and kapha dosha, particularly the sadhaka pitta which is responsible for maintaining an even temper and when in balance, brings joy and contentment. If sadhaka pitta gets imbalanced, it leads to unsettled emotions and thus irritability. So, start having breakfast right from today to be in a good mood always!
- Dried figs and raisins- soak them the night before or simmer with a little water for about half an hour.
- Dates with a small dab of ghee (clarified butter) replacing the pit.
- Chapati with raw honey and warm milk.
- Oatmeal with raisins and chopped almonds.
- Almond powder mixed with warm milk.
- Stewed Apples and Pears- Take 1 apple, 1 pear , 1 tbsp raisins, 1 clove, and 1/4 cup water. Peel and chop fruit into small pieces. Add water, raisins, clove and bring to boil. Then cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or till the fruit changes into tender consistency. Have this warm healthy breakfast.
- Hot cereals like “Dalia”- Add a tbsp each of roasted broken wheat, split gram, rice, sesame seeds with half tsp of carom seeds and salt to your taste. Add water in double amount (or a little more based on consistency that you want). Pressure cook or simmer for about 30 minutes or till it gets tender. Have it warm.