It is popularly known as saunf in Hindi, is an aromatic herb belonging to the parsley family. It is used as a spice for beverages and in Indian cooking. Fennel has a sweet taste similar to anise. The essential oil in Fennels has an antibacterial properties that help fight the germs that cause bad breath. This makes it a post-meal refreshment!
Fennel Seed Health Benefits
- Helps Regulate Blood Pressure
- Reduce Water Retention, Cure Edema
- Helps in indigestion, IBS, Bloating
- Improves Eyesight
- Works as mouth freshener
- Helps you lose weight
- Prevents Acne
- Purifies Blood
- Benefit Breastfeeding Women as it increases milk secretion in women
- Help Fight Diabetes
- Boost Fertility
- Help relieve urinary tract infection
As per Ayurveda, Benefits of Saunf
According to Ayurveda – Saunf reduce all 3 Tridosha (Vata, Pita, Kapha).
Saunf has cooling effect on the body. So Ayurveda suggests consuming fennel seed water during the scorching summer to relieve the heat from the body.
The oil found in the fennel seeds is carminative in nature, hence it is used in massage blends, especially in Ayurveda to calm the nerves and promote mental clarity.
Fennel aids Weight Loss
The refreshing fennel seeds have long been known to aid weight loss. These seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals which helps in detoxifying and boosting metabolism.
- An effective remedy to cure water retention
- Aids in good digestion and metabolism
- Infused fennel water therapy is a way to cleanse the gut and is quite effective for people suffering from chronic constipation.” Learn ways for natural colon cleanse!
- Helps Stimulate Melatonin Production which in the brain are responsible for our sound sleep. According to studies, a good sleep is an efficient way to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
- Fennel have dietary fibre that helps keep your hunger pangs at bay.
- Break down the stomach acids to prevent the accumulation of additional fat in the liver.
Fennel/Saunf Tea to reduce Water Retention
Make fennel tea for water retention
Fennel seeds- ½ tsp
Boiling water- 1 cup
Place fennel seeds in a cup.
Pour hot water over it.
Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes
Strain it or otherwise drink with seeds in it. Chew the seeds for better digestion.
Have fennel tea 2-3 times a day for shedding those extra kilos.
Buy Fennel Tea from Amazon!
We recommend you start your day with sipping fennel seed water to stay healthy and active.