|Peanuts are Healthy Snack|
Eating peanuts while you’re trying to lose weight seems like an oxymoron, right?
Discover this nuts facts how they can be a good snack for your weight loss effort and can be taken as a workout snack.
- Since peanuts and peanut butter are packed with fiber and protein, they keep you satisfied and full for a long time, helping to manage your hunger.
- Because of their protein and fiber, peanuts and peanut butter will stick with you for about 2 1/2 hours vs. the half hour you’ll get from high-carbohydrate foods, according to one study.
- Peanuts can increase your metabolic rate. When researchers studied resting energy expenditure on peanut and peanut butter eaters, they found that it was 11 percent greater after regular peanut consumption for 19 weeks compared to the baseline.
- The fat in peanuts (the “good fat”) provides satiety and taste satisfaction, so you don’t feel deprived.
- Since peanuts stabilize your blood sugar with their low glycemic index (meaning they are digested more slowly and release sugar gradually into the bloodstream), they provide long-lasting energy and decrease cravings.
Eating 1.5 ounces of nuts, such as peanuts, each day may reduce your risk for heart disease. Peanuts are a healthy snack and a good sources of antioxidants, B vitamins and healthy monounsaturated fats. Although peanuts are high in calories and fat, regular consumption of peanuts is not associated with weight gain.