|Alkalize Your Body Everyday|
The Importance of pH
This is important because the human body has a natural pH of 7.4. It needs this level to run efficiently and always seeks to return to this state, if it becomes overly acidic or alkaline. Drinking water that has had the minerals removed – and eating acidic foods can temporarily take the body out of balance.
Drinking more alkaline water can help the body restore this balance. In addition, drinking more alkaline water will have your dentist smiling because acidity from beverages is a leading cause of tooth decay.
Now that we know balancing ph is important. But how to do that?
Home Remedies to Alkalize Your Body
- Drink warm water with organic raw apple cider vinegar or a squeeze of lemon in the morning. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a ph balance by restoring the body’s alkaline state. Also, lemon has vitamin C which helps in getting rid of acidity and prevents acid reflux. So including this one drink in your daily routine can work wonders to maintain the ph balance in your body throughout the day.
- Avoid caffeine, sugar and alcohol. For most of us, to imagine the start of our day without that mug of coffee, indulging in sweets after a meal and ending the day without having a drink may seem unfathomable. These three things make us feel so good, that giving them up looks quite challenging. But let me tell you, that happens only at first. Although caffeine sharpens our thought process, sugar gives us the feel good high and alcohol relaxes us, these three increase the acid levels in the body and make us more irritable and lethargic in the long run! Plus, consuming these foods cause dependency which is anyway not a great thing for your health. So cut this crap from your diet and balance blood sugar, reduce pathogenic bacteria in the gut and be in a fantastic mood always.
- Drink fresh organic green smoothies. If making drastic changes to your diet is tough, there is one change you can make which is fast and easy and which will make a huge difference. Drink fresh organic green juices and smoothies. Adding a green drink to your routine is a superb way to add more veggies to your diet. This helps alleviate mood cravings and provides you with a burst of nutrition. The rule is pretty simple, if you don’t give your body enough nutrition, cravings kick in, and once you give into those cravings, you’re going to grab unhealthy foods that will cause acidity and disrupt your ph balance. Greens are full of nutrition and also fiber which keep the digestive system on track. So start pumping your body with greens and get the green drink cravings instead!
- Eat leafy green veggies
Green veggies are alkalizing to the body, so increase the amount of green veggies in your diet. Include it in your salad or make a soup of it, but try to add it in every meal. Go for green or dark vegetables such as beetroot, avocado, broccoli, spinach, kale, peas, beans and cucumber.
- Colourful veggies contain enzymes that help to break down food. Also, green vegetables are great sources of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates. So focus on replacing processed foods with steamed, microwaved, roasted or raw vegetables to avoid adding more acid-inducing fat to your diet.
- Eat slacked nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds are nutrient-dense powerhouses which provide protein, fiber, healthy fats, enzymes and a number of vitamins and minerals. You can eat them whole, in butters or use them as nut creams and nut milks to make sauces or smoothies. Nuts are mostly low acid superfoods that have high levels of enzymes which help to keep the digestive system in place and also reduce food cravings. So to beat the hunger blues and avoid acid reflux, keep a handful of nuts handy. But people suffering from heart diseases should avoid nuts altogether and would benefit from substituting nuts with green veggies instead !
Key is eating a colorful diet and variety is the spice of life so keep changing the greens and buy more local seasonal produce . Always remember, our body has a limit, there is no question what we eat, think and do, directly affects our body, so I hope this made you understand our body better for you to start have a balanced approach to everything that you do.