We have known Turmeric as a dye, a medicine, a spice, a panacea, a pungent flavor, a stain on fingertips, and this root has buried for ages in the tropical soil of South Asia.
Turmeric(Curcumin): a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-antioxidant has many health benefits.
An active ingredient found in Turmeric known an curcumin, is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-antioxidant. Unfortunately, Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. For the proper absorption of its healing compound into the bloodstream it is advised to take this with black pepper.
As inflammation is a major antecedent for a range of illness, the medicinal applications for Turmeric are vast.
TURMERIC(Curcumin) HEALTH BENEFITS
- Aids digestion and reduces heartburn: Turmeric is an alkalizing food, which helps balance the pH level in the stomach.
- Fortifies the immune system: Turmeric acts as an excellent anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal that protects our immune system from numerous bacteria, germs, toxins and illnesses.
- Treats Arthritis: Reduces pain, inflammation and stiffness related to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA)
- Maintains heart health: Turmeric helps dilate the arteries which allows for a smoother flow of blood through the heart and arteries.
Turmeric is ubiquitous in Indian Cooking. In other parts of the world, incorporating turmeric into daily regime requires some thoughtful innovation. A great way to do this is by making Turmeric Tea a part of your morning daily ritual. Here are some other more innovative ways to use turmeric(curcumin);a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-antioxidant:
- Blend it into smoothies: use 1 teaspoon for a subtle turmeric hit. Try CARROT GINGER TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
- Add 1-2 teaspoons to any soup recipe.
- A natural in curries, turmeric brings warm flavors to any curry or stew.
- Add It To Your Morning ACV
- Mix It Into Oatmeal.
- Add A Dash To Scrambled Eggs or Tofu.
- In Homemade Hummus.
- Over Roasted Veggies.
- Add to Milk (Golden Milk Ayurvedic Recipe)