A sweet preserve of rose petalsmade in India and in some other Asian countries. Gul means flower and qand means sweet.
This rose petal jam is a powerful antioxidant and a very good rejuvenator. It helps in treating ulcers and prevents swelling in the intestine.
Consuming 1 – 2 teaspoons of gulkand helps to reduce acidity and stomach heat.
The ingredients of Gulkand are fresh rose petals, godanti bhasma, praval pishti and gur (cane juice). It is made primarily of damascena rose petals which are collected at their peak condition and blended with other rejuvenating herbs in just the right proportions to make it an effective ayurvedic health tonic.
Gulkand as Ayurvedic tonic
Health Benefits of Gulkand
- Gulkand has a cooling effect on the body, combats fatigue, lethargy, muscular aches, biliousness itching, and heat-related conditions.
- Helps in burning sensation in the soles and palms.
- It has the ability to reduce oxidative stress.
- Helps balance Pitta dosha.
- Treats mouth ulcers, makes teeth and gums strong
- Reduces redness and inflammation of the eyes.
- It reduces women’s problems like leucorrhea and heavy menses.
- Consuming Gulkand improves appetite, and corrects digestive issues.
- It is an excellent ayurvedic tonic, that helps to reduce stress, strengthens the heart, liver and central nervous system.
- Gulkand reduces acidity and reduces heat in the stomach, treats ulcers and swelling in the intestine.
- Gulkand helps to remove toxins from the body and purifies blood.
- Helps in giving a clear complexion and prevents the occurrence of various skin problems like acne, boils, whiteheads etc.
- It is nourishing and strengthening. Which ensures healthy sperm quality production in males.
- Helps to reduce excessive perspiration and foul body odour.
- It prevents sunstroke and controls nostril-bleeding.
- Gulkand has the ability to increase the strength of the uterus and increase chances of conceiving.
- It is good for all those individuals who have water retention problem, as it helps in increasing your urine output.
- It is a mild laxative and strengthens the 7 dhatus (fundamental elements or tissues, namely, plasma, blood, muscles, fat, semen, bone and bone marrow) of the body.
- Regular intake of Gulkand by both the partners ensures healthy sex drive.
The normal dose of gulkand is 1 tsp 2 times a day, morning and evening. Eating a teaspoon of the delicious Gulkand (rose petal jam) is the best way to get the benefit out of Rose petals. You can add a teaspoon of a Gulkand in a cup of milk (warm or cold) to make a delicious rose milkshake and drink it at bedtime.
Note: Diabetics and Obese people should take care not to indulge too much and reduce quantity as it contains sugar.