|Health Benefits of Mango Leaves|
Mango leaves are rich in vitamins C, B and A. They are also rich in various other nutrients. These leaves have powerful antioxidant properties as they have a high content of flavonoids and phenols. They can be boiled in water to make a decoction or can be consumed in powdered form. In South East Asia, the tender leaves of the mango tree are cooked and eaten. Also for medicinal purposes young leaves should be used. But one has to be careful.
The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of mango leave can help treat various ailments effectively. Here are 10 surprising benefits of mango leaves that you may have not known.
- Regulates DiabetesSoak the leaves in a cup of water overnight. Strain and drink this water to help relieve the symptoms of diabetes. It also helps in treating hyperglycemia.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Fights restlessnessAdd few mango leaves to your bath water. This helps in relaxing and refreshing your body.
- Treats gall and kidney stonesThe daily intake of a finely ground powder of mango leaves with water kept in a tumbler overnight, helps in breaking the stones and flushing them out.
- Cures respiratory problemsDrinking a decoction made by boiling mango leaves in water with a little honey helps to cure cough effectively. It also helps in curing voice loss.
- Treats dysenteryMango leaves dried in a shade should be powdered and then taken with water two to three times a day to stop dysentery.
- Remedy for ear achesA teaspoon of juice extracted from mango leaves works as an effective ear drop and pain killer. Heat the juice slightly before using it.
- Heals burnsThe simplest remedy for healing painful burns is to apply mango leaf ashes to the wounded area. This soothes the skin and brings relief.
- Stops hiccupsBurn a few mango leaves and inhale the smoke. This helps to cure hiccups and throat problems.
- Good for your gutPut some mango leaves in warm water, close the container with a lid, and leave it overnight. The next morning filter the water and drink this concoction on an empty stomach. The regular intake of this infusion acts as a good stomach tonic, flushes out toxins from your body and keeps your stomach clean.