Home Remedies for Dandruff
Bid goodbye to dry, itchy, flaky scalp with the simple home remedies for dandruff treatment. 10 effective homemade hair packs for visibly clean, healthy, shiny hair.
Dandruff is not only irritating but also frustrating with scaly white flakes falling constantly on your shoulder from your hair. Excessive shedding of dead flaky skin from the scalp is a serious concern and needs attention.
Factors Causing Dandruff, Dry Flaky Scalp
There are a variety of factors that can cause dandruff ie
- increased intake of dry, cold, oily, spicy, and penetrating foods
- hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands such as sweat glands
- environmental allergens such as dust, cobwebs, sunlight, certain fabrics, soaps, shampoos
- certain types of food that are sometimes responsible for dandruff
- skins that are sensitive to seasonal changes.
- stress is another cause for dandruff. People who live in a constant state of anxiety are prone to dandruff.
- excessive cosmetic hair treatments such as hair-conditioning and hair-coloring, using hair curlers, perms and hair-bonding often result in a weak skin and eventually lead to dandruff.
Home Remedies for Dandruff, 10 Effective Hair Packs
- Curd (dahi) with its acidic and conditioning properties helps fight dandruff.
Simple dandruff treatment at home: Ferment a small amount of curd (enough to cover your scalp) for two days. Apply it and keep it for one hour. Wash it off with WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo. Do this at least twice a week.
You may check 5 Yogurt masks that repair damaged hair
- Henna (mehndi) regular application has been known for decreasing dandruff. It has curative as well as conditioning properties.
Pack for dandruff cure: Mix henna, amla, tea powder, lemon juice in curd. Add a few drops of hair oil. Keep aside for 10-12 hrs. Apply on your hair and leave it for an hour. Wash it off with WOW Skin Science Green Tea & Tea Tree Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – NO Sulphates, Parabens.
- Aloe vera gel contains healing, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
flaky scalp treatment: Applying fresh aloe vera gel on the scalp is another way of keeping your dandruff at bay. Keep the gel on for 30 minutes. Wash your hair with an aloe vera-based shampoo. If you don’t have fresh aloe vera gel then you may try WOW Aloe Vera Multipurpose Beauty Gel for Skin and Hair
- Fenugreek (methi) readily available in your kitchen has antifungal and scalp soothing properties.
scalp treatment for dandruff: Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water and grind to a fine paste. Apply this paste on the scalp for 30 to 45 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Check out the Health Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Gram flour (besan) is an effective cleansing agent. It removes the dirt and is handy for getting rid of dandruff.
Hair cleaning treatment: Apply gram flour mixed with curd on your scalp. Rinse after 20-30 minutes.
- Apple Orange Hair Pack can keep your dandruff away too! It has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Antifungal hair treatment: Make a paste with equal quantities of apple and orange and apply it to the scalp. Wash your hair after 20-30 minutes with WOW Coconut Milk Shampoo, Slow Down Hair Loss also.
- Rinse with Neem Water as neem leaves with their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties are highly effective in controlling dandruff.
Antibacterial Hair Rinse: Make a paste of tulsi leaves and amla powder mixed with water. Massage on the scalp. Let it remain for half an hour. Wash the hair with water.
- Fresh lime juice, your favorite summer drink doubles up as dandruff-basher as well. The acid in lime scrubs out the dead cells and helps cure dandruff.
Health tip: Add a tablespoon of fresh lime juice in water in your last rinse when you wash your hair.
- Ginger root and beetroot, two salient features of many classic dishes, can also do wonders for your hair!
Dandruff Remedy: In a clean bowl mix together beetroot juice, ginger juice, and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this on your scalp and hair and leave it on for 40 minutes and rinse it off with normal water and Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo Sulfate Free. Repeat this 2 times a week for better results.
- Onion juice, If you can handle the smell of onion juice, you may find that the benefits are worth it. Onion juice promotes hair growth and improves the circulation of blood flow to the cuticles.
Onion Hair Remedy: You can blend a few onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice to your scalp and hair and leave it in for at least 15 minutes. Then shampoo with WOW Skin Science Onion Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
- Multani Mitti for Hair Care and Hair Growth
- Garlic Onion Remedy to Promote Hair Regrowth | Hair Loss | Baldness Remedy
- Natural Ways to Grow Long Healthy Hair