Ayurveda Lifestyle is about optimizing Your Health, Prevent Disease, and Live with Vitality and Joy. Understand the wisdom of Ayurveda and follow the simple Ways to Holistic Health and Wellness!
Ayurveda is an ancient wisdom that provides various therapeutic measures for diseases, emphasizes on maintenance, promotion of health and prevention of diseases through diet and lifestyle regimens. It is based on the concept of mental, physical and spiritual wellness.
As per Ayurveda the physical world including the human body is derived from the specific combinations of five fundamental entities viz. Akash, Vayu, Teja, Jala and Prithvi which are known as Panchamahabhutas and the soul. Panchamahabhutas form the Tridoshas viz. Vata Dosha, Pitta Dosha and Kapha Dosha, Dhatus (tissues) and Malas (excretory products). Tridoshas carry out the physiological activities and are responsible for the integrity of the human body.
Due to the faulty diet and lifestyle normalcy of the Tridoshas is disturbed and they aggravate in the body. Vitiated Tridoshas disturb the normalcy of Dhatus and Malas causing their vitiation which manifests as various diseases in the body. Thus the health of an individual depends upon the normalcy of the Doshas, Dhatus and Malas.
Simple Ways to Ayurveda Lifestyle!
- Daily go for Walk as Ayurveda considers walking a tridoshic exercise: it balances all three doshas without putting excessive strain on your body. It calms the mind and nourishes the senses.
- Eat fresh and nourishing diet. Discard processed, canned, frozen or packaged foods as they accumulate ama(toxins) and are harder to digest.
- Eat in a settled, quiet atmosphere and focus on your food when you eat. No television, mobile phones or distractions while you are having your food.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of lukewarm water. Water flushes out accumulated ama, and keeps the digestion smooth. Always drink water by sipping and not at one go. Avoid cold water. Sipping lukewarm water throughout the day, acts as an excellent healer.
- Drink a glass of turmeric milk before bedtime. Milk should be organic and free of additives, and boiled with a pinch of cardamom before it is drunk in order to make it easier to digest. Drink it alone, away from meals, to avoid indigestion.
- Sit down and close your eyes. Just be with yourself in peace.
- Avoid tea and coffee and instead have herbal tea/infusions. These are a perfect way to relax and recharge. You can also sip lemon ginger honey water as that aids good digestion.
- Massage your body daily with warm herbal oil. Your body and your mind feel pampered and relaxed. You can also visit an Ayurveda center to get Abhyanga Potli Massage to relax, nourish, rehydrate and heal the body.
- Leave the social media world, and get real with real people. Meet friends, family for one to one chat. This makes us feel happy and loved. Meeting and socializing with loved ones heal and restore us.
- Be close to nature in your daily routine. Adopt natural living with natural ingredients. Follow simple home remedies for general wellness, beauty and healthy living.
- Do mindful breathing to improve the flow of oxygen and other vital nutrients to the tiniest channels of the body, giving you an instant sense of well-being.
Try 3-minute Mindful Breathing Meditation (Relieve Stress)
- Go to bed early. Ayurveda emphasize and re-emphasize the value of good sleep, simply because rest is the basis of energetic and dynamic you.
- Rise with the sun. This will be easy to do if you go to bed before 10:00 p.m. Waking up early gives you time to be yourself, plan your day, prepare good nourishing breakfast. In addition, it gives you time to enjoy the early morning calm of nature.
- Have a good breakfast. Skipping breakfast is a big No in Ayurveda. It leads to an imbalance of Pitta which can result in irritability and unsettled emotions. Eat a healthy nourishing breakfast to create ojas — the final and most refined by-product of digestion. Ojas contributes to enhanced vitality, strength, immunity, and overall well-being. Sweet juicy fruits are excellent cleansers — they help to eliminate impurities from the body. According to ayurveda, it is recommended that fruits be eaten first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before other breakfast items such as hot cereal.
- Detoxify. From time to time, follow an ama-reducing diet. Periodic internal cleansing with simple khichdi also helps flush the ama out and prevent more from building up.
- Boost your immunity with natural sources of Vitamin C. Fruits like amla, lemon, orange, kiwi, papaya, cantaloupe and strawberries.Vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and capsicums.
- Spice up your food with Turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel, cardamom — these and other spices used in ayurvedic cooking add not only aroma and flavor, but also add healing goodness to your food. Turmeric is an antiseptic, cumin aids digestion, coriander cleanses the system, fennel settles the stomach and cardamom cools the system. Discover the health benefits of spices
- Bond with nature. Nourish your Body and Mind with Healing Sunlight
- Include Tongue Cleaning- An Ayurvedic Daily Routine
- Make Oil Pulling-Ancient Ayurveda Remedy as part of your daily routine
- Follow the Best Sleeping Position as per Ayurveda
- Follow the traditional Ayurveda Cooking Methods. Cook in Iron Utensils
- Drink water from copper stored vessels
- Learn Jal Neti for Cleansing of your Nasal Cavity
- Drinking Water On Empty Stomach After Waking Up
- Gratitude is a positive emotion, that can make you happier and change your attitude about life – like an emotional reset button. Boost Your Health With a Dose of GRATITUDE!
So to conclude, Unhealthy lifestyle causes imbalance of doshas which ultimately leads to diseases. So with right wisdom of Ayurveda Lifestyle you can attain objectives of life.