Discover the power of Ayurveda with an all-natural colon cleanse to detox your system, reduce constipation and inflammation, and improve your overall health. Get back to feeling your best with the help of Ayurveda.
Digestive tract is the epicenter of your health.
Your gut is the primary site of nourishment and detoxification, since it feeds billions of cells and aids in the elimination of toxins that accumulate. Critical nutrients are absorbed and many harmful substances are safely eliminated from your body through the digestive system.
Constipation and inflammation are two ways your digestive tract gets sluggish and fails to function properly. Inflammation in your intestines interferes with healthy nutrition absorption and creates a range of digestive symptoms, and constipation maintains those toxins in your digestive system.
> 14 Natural Healing Ayurveda Remedies For Constipation
Removing waste and toxins is a critical process that your body must go through in order to enhance your capacity to digest food, absorb nutrients, and lower your chances of experiencing certain digestive difficulties. Therefore you’ll need a means to cleanse your gut.
However, there are herbs and natural Ayurveda therapies that can provide comfort, aid in detoxification, relax your gut, and alleviate constipation.
Discover the top 5 herbs to naturally detox your body and cleanse your colon.
Learn how to make the most of ayurveda colon cleanse self help tips detox your body to achieve the benefits for optimal health.
- PSYLLIUM HUSK– Psyllium is used as a non-digestive fiber supplement and food thickener. Psyllium can give an extra boost of laxation – increasing the number of bowel movements from 2.9 per week to 3.8. Psyllium does this by stimulated movement in the gut (by interacting with the gut’s nervous system)
- FLAXSEED– Flax offers hardy fiber and speeds up bowel movements. Flaxseed significantly increases stool frequency.
- ALOE VERA– It soothes the intestinal tract and improves the health of your digestive tissues by fighting damaging oxidative stress and inflammation. Aloevera also promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which improves gut health in a myriad of ways.
- LICORICE ROOT– The liver is an essential element of your digestive tract because it generates bile, which aids in fat digestion, and it also cleanses harmful chemicals so they can be eliminated from your body. Licorice root has been proved in multiple studies to enhance and preserve liver function. Licorice can trigger phase II detoxification enzymes, which clear the liver and prepare toxins for elimination through the digestive tract.
- BASIL SEEDS-Soaked basil seeds aid in the cleansing of the stomach. It promotes regular bowel movements and aids in the removal of toxins from the stomach. It’s also excellent for digestion and detoxifying. Basil promotes renal function and works as a diuretic, assisting the body in excreting undesirable pollutants. Basil possesses anti-ulcer properties as well as antibacterial properties that protect against bacteria, yeast, fungus, and molds.
> Sabja Seeds (Basil Seeds) | How To Use Sabja Seeds & Benefits
Natural Ayurveda Therapies for Colon Cleanse
Learn about the health benefits of Basti treatment, Enemas and colon hydrotherapy. Get the latest information on how to safely cleanse your gut and improve your overall wellbeing.
Note: Excess enemas and colon cleansing are not recommended in Ayurveda, as they can deregulate the intestines and can remove the natural flora and cause more elimination difficulties.
Ayurveda Colon Cleanse
Triphala on a regular basis has the power to scrub the intestinal tract naturally. It gently removes any accumulated toxic material from the gastrointestinal tract gradually. Moreover it aids in absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream. Consuming one teaspoon added to one cup of warm water, before bedtime can be an effective remedy to cleanse the colon.
If the bowels are sluggish, or there is constipation, the dose can be increased according to need. Unlike some other laxatives, Triphala is neither addictive nor harmful.
Triphala balances the three doshas, and is truly a balanced formula that benefits everyone.
Drink Warm Water
Drinking warm water through out the day is a natural colon cleanser. Squeezing a lemon juice, and adding a spoon of raw sugar or honey and a pinch of Trikatu powder, or powdered ginger and black pepper, can make it a super effective cleansing remedy.
Consuming warm water first thing in the morning also helps detoxify the system.
> Start Drinking Salt Water Every Morning | Weight Loss
Drink Juice with Psyllum Husk
Drink a large glass of diluted juice and one tablespoon of psyllium husks mixed well. The psyllium husks add needed fiber and not only act like a “broom” to cleanse the intestines, but also absorb toxic gases and by-products. For a special cleanse, psyllium can be taken up to two or three times a day for three days.
Important Tips While Colon Cleansing
During the cleanse, its always recommended to eat very light home cooked foods, especially avoiding cheese and other heavy milk products (a cup of hot milk is fine), refined sugar, heavy desserts or other rich foods like pizza. Nut butters are binding so it is better to avoid them during a colon cleanse.
> 10 Ayurveda Daily Routine, Detox Cleanse
Simple easy to digest foods like basmati rice, millet, steamed vegetables and fruits are best. Soups, kichari or mung dahl, salads, and sprouts are good to add as well. Soaked dried fruits are helpful. Make sure you get enough liquids, as the intestines need plenty of liquid to be able to function properly.
Exercising is Important for Cleansing the Colon
Another very helpful habit during a cleanse is to get regular exercise, as this helps the functioning of the digestive organs. Swimming, brisk walking and Hatha yoga are all great options.
It is very beneficial to practice Malasana or a squatting position on the floor to help the intestines ‘get ready’ to cleanse themselves.
Fiber is Important
Often people can experience sluggish elimination if they do not have enough fiber in their diet, or are lacking natural oils. Adding bran to cereals can help, as well as making sure there are natural oils such as ghee added to foods. Cold foods slow down the entire digestive process, including elimination. Adding digestive spices like ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, ghee and fennel can help warm up the intestinal tract.
You must log in to post a comment.