Following this simple advice on 6 mindful eating habits can help you with a huge difference in your digestive well-being.
Your overall health rests on the proper functioning of your digestion. And digestion begins with the digestive fire(Jathara Agni).
So the first step in improving your digestion is to strengthen Jathara Agni(digestive fire).
And to do this, you need to become conscious towards your eating habits. Practically that means mindful eating, wherein listening to your feelings of hunger.
6 Mindful Eating Habits
- Don’t eat when you have no appetite, and also a don’t skip a meal when you are hungry.
- Create a discipline around eating your meals. On a daily basis, try to eat at regular times. When you do this then your digestive fire gets activated much more easily.
- Create your routine around your constitution. If you are a Kapha, you might eat one meal a day, plus one or two smaller snacks. As a Vata, you might eat five smaller meals and as a Pitta, you might need three full meals a day and moderate portion size.
- Use digestive spices and herbs in your cooking to activate your digestive fire.
- Chew your food well and eat mindfully, without distraction. Eat all the six tastes in your meals and be aware of each taste and enjoy it.
- Eat the biggest meal when your agni is strong ie between 12 and 2 pm, which is when the Sun is at its peak and so is the Pitta in our bodies, which takes care of the digestion. And a lighter meal towards evening ie maximum by 7pm
Following these simple advice can help you with a huge difference in your digestive well-being. Checkout Healthy Lifestyle Guide: 21 Healthy Habits Inspired by Ayurveda for Healthy Living. A holistic approach towards your daily habits, diet, and your mind consciousness.
You may like to read about the digestive spices that increases your metabolism. Adding certain fat-burning spices to your diet can have a thermogenic effect on your body. Learn which spices you should add to every meal and snack to fire up your fat-burning furnace!
Fat Burning Herbs & Spices to Reduce Belly Fat.
Agni and Good Health are interrelated. Agni is the digestive fire and vital to good digestion and overall health. Learn more about the The Power of Agni and Its Role for Good Health
You must log in to post a comment.