Stay-at-home moms is a personal choice. And whatever you chose has its own pros and cons. Different people will have different opinions. For some stay-at-home moms is all about being lazy, and for some they’re making the best decision of their lives by making a great sacrifice to stay home and nurture their kids day in and day out. There’s no shortage of opinions about women who stay home to raise their kids.
More Women Are Becoming Stay-at-Home Moms
We’re not living in a “Leave It to Beaver” world anymore, where 49 percent of women in 1967 were stay-at-home moms with a working husband. The numbers from a recent Pew Research study do show that the number of women who are becoming stay-at-home moms is on the rise. While 71 percent of moms do work outside of the home, 29 percent are staying home. That number is up 6 percent from 1999.
But the numbers shouldn’t matter. Quitting your job to become a stay-at-home mom shouldn’t be out of guilt or peer pressure. While there are many great reasons to be a stay-at-home mom, being an at-home parent isn’t for everyone.
For Women Who Chose to Be Stay-at-Home Moms
Let’s congratulate you first for the decision you have taken for yourself. Stay-at-home Mom is not an easy thing especially if you have been successful in your career. But let’s see what you have achieved by making that commitment.
No matter what you have achieved in life but as a creator of life you are born with that strong urge to nurture and build the strong foundation of life around you. As woman you are creative and you know what home, family and children means to you. Your feminine side will always pull you to raise a happy and healthy family ecosystem and so your decision to be at home is right for you, so have faith.
There are many pros and some cons to be Stay-at-Home Mom
- You build your home under your style and guidance
- You are the boss and you know how to get this managed
- You have a self time, no rush rush, no deadlines
- You can pursue your long time wished hobbies
- You can now stay more focused towards yours and your family fitness goals
- Your kids are happy to see you around the way you grew up
- You know your kids are rightly fed at right times
- Your child has your support and time to understand their peer pressures
- Your education and experience makes you a more understanding Mom
- You have all the time to manage your child daily schedule
- You can be more accessible to make their life easy
- You are raising less stressed and aggressive children
- Your time with them would help them increase their performance at school
- You can be a support system to the hectic life of a working partner
- You can enjoy to be with your family and friends
- And still work drives you, you can always involve yourself in part time, freelance jobs
- Last but not the least: You are nurturing the Future! Our Next Generation..
- You tend to feel social isolation, as you spend time mostly with kids
- You feel drained out at times
- You don’t feel any achievement at the end of the day if you otherwise in career were doing pretty good for yourself
- Most burden of home chores is pushed to you which otherwise was shared when you were working
- You are not earning any more, so that drive is missing
Being Stay-at-home will always be a mixed feeling which will push you to extremes many a times. Mothers often desire to go back to work also. But at the end of the day there is no right or wrong decision, it’s just your own decision and you should be happy for whatever you decide and only what’s best for you and your family matters. It’s true not everyone has the luxury of choosing between staying home or working but you exactly know what’s going on in your family. Make a decision that’s right for you and don’t worry about what strangers, your neighbor or your mother-in-law think.
Now, If you’re thinking about going back to work too, you can take some steps now to prepare. You can cover your employment gap, take classes that can help any woman get ahead in the working world, earn one of these licenses or certificates that can enhance your resume or accept one of the best part-time jobs for stay-at-home moms.
Then there are those moms who want to earn money but can’t imagine re-joining the rat race for a typical 9-5 job. There are plenty of at-home business opportunities moms can start as well as work-at-home jobs that let women stay home and make money too.
Tip for a Stay-at-home Mom: Every stay-at-home mom must establish a support network, including regular outings with your mom friends to get a much-needed break and prevent mommy burnout.
Empowering Women Restart Their Career!