Nuts in your diet is the best option to lead a healthy lifestyle.Cashew nut are crunchy and delicious nuts which everyone loves. Cashew nuts are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which are great for optimum health.
Cashew is very good for Health Concerns like:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Health
- Weight Loss
A Healthy Snack with many Health Benefits.
A few health benefits of cashew nuts are presented below:
- Cashews nuts are full of proanthocyanidins, it has the ability to stop cancer cells from dividing or reducing the speed of division of cancer cells. It also has the ability to reduce the risks of developing colon cancer. The high amount of anti-oxidants protects the body from cancer as well as cardiovascular diseases.
- The fat content in cashew nuts is lower when compared to other nuts. Oleic acid is a mono-saturated fat which is great for the heart; it is the same fat which is found in the olive oil. This fat reduces the triglyceride levels in the body which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease. The antioxidants and magnesium are great for the health of the heart.
- Cashews are great source of copper which is essential components of many enzymes. Copper plays a broad spectrum of role in the body. Copper is required in the making of the pigments which gives hair and the skin their colour.
- Cashews reduce the blood pressure as it contains good amounts of magnesium.
- The calcium and magnesium present in the nut is great for the health of the bone.
- The magnesium in the cashew nuts keeps the nerves relaxed by preventing calcium from rushing into nerve cells and activating them. Relaxed nerves results in relaxed muscles and blood vessels.
- The healthy dose of vitamin E delivered by cashew nuts makes them good for the health of the brain, it helps to reduce cognitive decline with the age.
How Is Cashews good for weight loss?
Magnesium is essential for regulating the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates, which may help you with weight loss. In addition to eating raw cashews, spreading cashew butter on whole-wheat toast is a great way to boost your consumption of these healthy nuts. Each ounce of cashews has 163 calories, which is only 16 to 18 cashew nuts, so it’s easy to eat multiple servings in one sitting if you aren’t careful. You need to cut 500 calories out of your diet each day to lose one pound per week, and this will be hard to do if you eat too many servings of cashews in one sitting. So moderate it to just 3-4. Its always a good idea to pop up this nut as soon as you wake up or before a good workout.
Serving ideas for Cashew nut
Here are some informative nutritional facts about cashew nut. This nut has 162 calories in 28 g which makes it a high calorie food. They contain lower amounts of fats when compared to other popular nuts also they are a great source of protein as they have 4.3 g of proteins in one serving (28 g). They contain high amounts of vitamins and minerals along with excellent source of antioxidants. Just ¼ Cup of the nut contains 38 percent of the daily recommended mono-saturated fats, 37 percent of copper, and 22 percent of magnesium. Other vitamins like vitamin C, folates, thiamine, and niacin are found in the cashew nuts.