|Jal Neti- Cleansing your Nasal Cavity|
The truth is, our body can naturally get rid of toxins no matter what we eat, as long as we incorporate wholesome foods like organic fruits and vegetables, plus engage in regular physical activity. However, there are many parts of the body that could do with some help in cleansing due to our food intake and the polluted environment we live in.
How to Practice Jala Neti (Nasal Cleaning with Water)?
- Pour the salt water into the Neti pot and place the spout of the pot into one of the nostrils, say the left nostril. The cone at the end of the spout should to be placed inside the nostril.
- Tilt your head gently and open your mouth (Breathing should be done through the mouth during the process). Adjust the tilt of your head up to a point where water starts flowing from your left nostril to the right nostril. Continue till the water in the pot is finished.
- Fill the pot again with salt water and try the same procedure from the other nostril (say the right nostril).
- You can repeat this process any number of times, depending on your need and time.
Benefits of Jala Neti (Nasal Cleaning with Water)
- Neti helps to maintain the nasal hygiene by removing the dirt and bacteria trapped along with the mucus in the nostrils.
- Neti de-sensitizes the sensitive tissues inside the nose, which can alleviate rhinitis, allergies and some asthmas.
- Several health problems like sinusitis, migraine, headaches, ear problems like tinnitus and middle ear infections can be reduced by doing Neti.
- It can alleviate upper respiratory complaints, sore throats, tonsils and dry coughs.
- It can clear the eye ducts and improve vision.
- Effect of Neti on the mind is also notable. It can remove tensions and depressions; and give clarity of mind.