Make turmeric tea as part of your daily ritual. Discover this potent and warming anti-inflammatory turmeric tea health drink, which is simple and delicious. Learn the turmeric tea recipe and know about it’s healing health benefits.
Turmeric contains bio-active compounds with powerful medicinal properties. Curcumin in Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory compound. Consuming it dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Aids digestion and reduces heartburn: Turmeric is an alkalizing food, which helps balance the pH level in the stomach.
- Fortifies the immune system: Turmeric acts as an excellent anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal that protects our immune system from numerous bacteria, germs, toxins and illnesses.
- Treats Arthritis: Reduces pain, inflammation and stiffness related to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA)
- Maintains heart health: Turmeric helps dilate the arteries which allows for a smoother flow of blood through the heart and arteries.
Turmeric Tea Health Recipe
How to make turmeric tea
To make turmeric tea at home, follow these steps:
- Boil 3 to 4 cups of water on the stove
- Add 2 teaspoons of turmeric and stir
- Now, Simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes, then
- Strain the tea into another container
- Add in honey, fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice to taste
- Add a pinch of black pepper to increase absorption
- Also add a teaspoon of ginger juice and a pinch of cinnamon powder
A word of caution ..
Turmeric as a spice is very safe, which means if one takes turmeric in limited amounts it has no side-effects. Although too much of turmeric may have its side effects.